This was inspired by a beautiful quilt created by the baby's grandma. One of the squares had the same stripe/dot pattern I did my best to replicate in the border. I loved how it turned out. This one was one of my more time consuming projects. Stripes are enough to drive any perfectionist straight to the loony bin. I tried to use the silhouette to make a stencil for the stripes and it didn't work so well.
This was inspired by a sculpture in the baby's nursery of a porcelain giraffe. The colors were coral and gold. The sculpture didn't have spots but I wanted to include some - so I incorporated them into the border and I loved how it turned out.
This project was mixed media - I used cardstock cut outs for the flower and elevated it on the canvas. You can't tell in the picture but there is depth to it. I used my silhouette to make a stencil for the words. It worked ok but I had to fix most of it.