Monday, June 18, 2012

Nursery decor

So a good friend of mine is going to have a baby girl.

I wanted to do something for her baby's room.  Her colors: tan, navy, coral, pinks. And a bird motif.

I wanted to include some cherry-like blossoms to remind her of DC (she is moving away this summer)

So here is what I came up with:



I had this idea of having a damask print in the background with metallic paint (remember my obsession with metallic paint?)

So I cut out a stencil of a damask print on my Silhouette with vinyl.

It was actually much much more work than anticipated.
If trying this tactic, I would suggest a stencil that isn't vinyl.

(or isn't as intricate as a damask print which has so many tiny little pieces to take out.)

But I love how it turned out.  The damask print is subtle -- but it really shows up in the flash of this picture so you can get a better look of it here:
 


It makes it look like it is painted on wall paper or something.

I had a lot of fun with it.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Rachel!