Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wedding gift pillows

So when one of my best friends from high school asked me to be in her wedding, I knew I had to something creative for her present.

Since I ordered extra silk fabric with my bridesmaid dress, I thought I would put it to good use! 

I wanted to make something that would remind her of her special day, but something she could still use.  Her wedding colors were silver and turquoise.

I used my silhouette to cut out the Mr. and Mrs. from the silk and then sewed it on with matching blue thread.

Here is a close-up of the lettering sewed on.  

Congratulations Nikki! I'm so excited for you! Hope you can get good use of your new pillows!  



Unique Weddings said...

wow!! The pillows are very cute.. How I wish I also have this one..

JCV said...

Verry cute!!

Spencer and Julia said...

Those look so classy, what a great gift!

Nikki said...

I love these pillows! They're on display in my living room right now. (: