Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Boy's room paintings

So I'm finally posting my boys room. It has been a work in progress for a LONG LONG time. I'm pretty much done.

 


Here is what I started with:

My mom got my son this bed set for his birthday from Pottery barn:

 


I was really excited about it. Pottery barn has adorable stuff, but often the bed spreads are too much for me- too busy, too many patterns, or too many different colors. But I really liked this one. It's called railway express. (It's long since retired now)

But right before they cleared it out I used up a few giftcards I had been holding onto from my wedding (yes, from years ago) and bought the coordinating rug (which not only was on clearance, but was the last floor model which means I got it for a super deal) and lampshade. Also - I bought a curtain panel - which was WAY cheaper if you bought the double wide panel - which I did and just cut and hemmed to make two. Which worked out fantastically because I was able to take the extra fabric and put it on the coordinating curtain (which the people before us had left).

All in all, this room was decorated pretty inexpensively, which makes me (and especially my husband) happy.

Anyway, here is some more closeup of the bedding:

 


And here are the paintings I made to match:

(acrylic on canvas)

 


And again.... the finished product:

 


More to come on other stuff in the room!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute, Rachel! I am so impressed with your painting skills! The room looks super cute!